Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DHCP server Authoritative

4502     1

Hi,

we recently migrated from microsoft to infoblox DHCP. The Infoblox DHCP server is not authoritive. I noticed in the logs, clients with issues when moving between to different subnets, infoblox ignores and doesn't send nack.

I want to enable authoritave DHCP. Should I test on a few subnets, or turn on globally? I dont know the impact, or what to expect. Want to follow a safe controlled path. 

Any suggestions.

Thanks!

Re: DHCP server Authoritative

Superuser
4502     1

Hi,

there should be no impact. and usually the reason i enable authoritative DHCP when deploying dhcp servers is to let infoblox send DHCPNAK to client when they request invalid IP.

Thanks

Re: DHCP server Authoritative

Expert
4502     1

If you've migrated from Microsoft to Infoblox, and the MS servers are no longer being used, then you need to make Infoblox authoritative. I'd turn it on ASAP before you start having serious problems.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You