02-02-2015 10:42 AM
I am not sure if this is the correct community to post this question, but I will give it a try. I noticed that the users of my network cannot resolve web sites using new top level domain names, like ".education", ".international", etc. I have an internal DNS server made by Infoblox and a Cisco CNR v184.108.40.206 as an external DNS server. Infoblox uses CNR as its forwarder and CNR uses the root DNS servers for queries.
I would think that CNR was the problem because it is an obsolete product but after speaking with a fellow engineer at another organization where they still use an older version of CNR than mine, they have no problems at all. So now I am thinking it is a setting either on Infoblox, or on CNR I need to change. I can see Infoblox is forwarding the requests to CNR but that's about it. I am not sure if CNR is discarding the request. When I do an nslookup from a PC in my network it does not matter if I set my DNS server to be the Infoblox or the CNR. Neither resolves the URL.
Then again, no matter what I lookup using the CNR as my DNS, I only get a response with the root DNS names and IPs!
Any help is appreciated!
02-02-2015 11:47 AM
Are you blocking any of the IP in the list of authoritative servers? They are the same for education. and international.
;; ANSWER SECTION:
international. 86400 IN NS demand.gamma.aridns.net.au.
international. 86400 IN NS demand.delta.aridns.net.au.
international. 86400 IN NS demand.beta.aridns.net.au.
international. 86400 IN NS demand.alpha.aridns.net.au.
;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
demand.beta.aridns.net.au. 3575 IN A 220.127.116.11
demand.beta.aridns.net.au. 3575 IN AAAA 2001:dcd:2::7
demand.alpha.aridns.net.au. 3575 IN A 18.104.22.168
demand.alpha.aridns.net.au. 3575 IN AAAA 2001:dcd:1::7
demand.delta.aridns.net.au. 3575 IN A 22.214.171.124
demand.delta.aridns.net.au. 3575 IN AAAA 2001:dcd:4::7
demand.gamma.aridns.net.au. 3575 IN A 126.96.36.199
demand.gamma.aridns.net.au. 3575 IN AAAA 2001:dcd:3::7