Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

DNS DHCP IPAM

Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox

Authority
7743     1

Hi All,

Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox? When ever I make a change the grid displays the restart popup however i couldnt find any service restart or might be i missed.

Any idea?

Thank You

Pratap

Re: Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox

[ Edited ]
Adviser
7743     1

@pkrishnan wrote:

Does adding new sys log server requires a service restart on Infoblox?

Yes. If you add a new external syslog server, or otherwise make a change to the syslog configuration, this will require a service restart. I tested this on my own grid, which is running NIOS 7.3; here is what happens:

1. A change is made to the syslog server list. (This is in Grid Properties -> Monitoring if you're editing the grid default syslog server list, or in Grid Member Properties -> Monitoring if you're changing the syslog server list for an individual grid member.)
  2. This change is reflected in the syslog-ng configuration. (Syslog-NG is the subsystem used by NIOS to send syslog messages.)
  3. NIOS prompts the user to restart services.
  4. When the command to restart services is given, the syslog-ng service is first restarted to reflect the updated configuration.
  5. The DNS and DHCP services are then restarted.

I hope this answers your question.

Frank

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You