Accepted Solution

Excell spreadsheet --> Ipam

Guru
9751     1

I need to know how to move from existing Excell spreadsheets to Infoblox Ipam. It has to be possible to make som kind of csv file for importing into infoblox containing data from the spreadsheet. I am able to export ip addresses/names into a csv file, but i cannot make a file, that Infoblox Ipam can read. How have you Guys transfered from spreadsheet to Ipam (we have more than 1000 servers and i can not overcome typing the name for every singe one into Ipam). /Jan - Denmark

Excel to IPAM

DEdwards
Techie
9751     1

Hello Jan,

there is a good CSV reference guide on the help section of the WebUI, however something I always find valuable is exporting an example of what want to import from the WebUI. So for example if I want import record into a forwards zone, I would  create the forward zone create 1 a record in it and the export the zone in "CSV Import format" this will show you the format u need to use but will include some fields you do not require. Below you can see an example of a csv file with the headers header-arecord, addess*, fdqn*, comment and view

Below the comment row is blank and I am importing the record into the default dns view

header-arecord address* fqdn* comment view
arecord 192.168.182.128 centos.test.local default
arecord 4.5.6.7 server4.test.local default
arecord 5.6.7.8 test5.test.local default

Once you know the basic format of the thing you want to import use Notepad++, textpad or excel to create you file for import.

Hope this helps

Dan

Thank you Dan.

Guru
9751     1

Thank you Dan.

I tried that, but it seems that upon importing the csv file, the Infoblox refuses it saying that it should start with a line number (or something like that).

Is it possible to only import machine name and Ip addres by modifying an output-example-file - for IPAM use?

/Jan

Thank you Dan.

Guru
9751     1

Thank you Dan.

I tried that, but it seems that upon importing the csv file, the Infoblox refuses it saying that it should start with a line number (or something like that).

Is it possible to only import machine name and Ip addres by modifying an output-example-file - for IPAM use?

/Jan

Highlighted

Best to use CSV Export in Infoblox Import Format

BAndersen Employee
Employee
9751     1

Hello,

I find it useful to create a network and then export it using the "Export data in Infoblox CSV Import format" and then populate my data into that template.  The export is available via the "up-right arrow" icon next to the "printer icon", press the drop-down arrow to get the multiple options.

I hope this helps,
Brad

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You