Export all ip addresses to csv

BMoran
Techie
5796     0

We have a 100's of networks defined in IPAM. Is there an easy way to the records for all networks to CSV using the WAPI or PAPI?

Re: Export all ip addresses to csv

GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
5796     0

It can prpbably be done, it will be slow. It al depends on the use case.

Why do you need to export all the addresses ?

[ Edited ]
philippeannet
Techie
5796     0

Are you kidding?

we are for example doing a datacenter move, which is definitely a good reason do dump ALL IP addresses in IPAM !!

But I can figure out dozens of other examples where it is (well, would be...) VERY useful !!!

[ Edited ]
GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
5796     0

My point was that perhaps you only need to dump a subset of the addresses, or a subset of the DNS data that matches what you are looking for.

Dumping the entire contents of the database just so you can search for something will be slow. Doing a more specific search that returns a reduced dataset will speed things up.

If you are doing a data center move, is there a way to identify only the addresses that are part of the move ? If you did export everything, were you then going to search through it for certain items ? IF so, can you just craft that query as part of your initial call to the API to get the data ?

less is more.

rhil0852
Techie
5796     0

I have a need to export the entire database to help in reconcilliation efforts because our user base has neglected to update it as required.  My network is extremely large with no true way of knowing all subnets defined(nested) within the IPAM database.  The only way I currently see of determining everything currently defined in IPAM is to click on every subnet and keep drilling down in each one which will take weeks.  If I had an export file I could write some scripts to parse out the needed data and save me a substantial amount of time.

Highlighted

DEdwards
Techie
5796     0

I had to do something similar for a company that has 1000s of external domains (many defensive domains registered to stop them being hijacked) I was hoping to use the wapi and use fileop and the cvs-export object but could not get this working. Therefore the following via a browser returned the data as XML.

https://nsmaster.company.local/wapi/v2.1/record:a?_return_type=xml-pretty&view=external&_max_results...

https://nsmaster.company.local/wapi/v2.1/record:host?_return_type=xml-pretty&view=external&_max_resu...

then notepad++ (other text editors are available) and excel allowed me to get the information the guy I am working for wanted that would have taken him days in couple of hours.

This same data could easliy be edited into CSV Import format.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You