Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Export selected IP addresses to Infoblox CSV import format

dibrilou
Techie
1109     0

Hi all, 

IPAM question. 

I need to import an amount of IP addresses for my servers (not delivered by DHCP server) in IPAM with a CSV import but I have one trouble while doing it with this configuration : 

header-fixedaddress,ip_address*,mac_address*,EA-dateofcreation,comment,name
fixedaddress,10.10.11.210,aa:aa:aa:aa:aa:aa,,,,

With this configuration I can import my fixed address but when it's appear in IPAM in the "Usage" Column it's written "DHCP". Could someone tell me why? 

Re: Export selected IP addresses to Infoblox CSV import format

Adviser
1110     0

I'm not 100% sure what you try to accomplish, but the MAC address is a valid MAC address so it is a real DHCP fixed address hence the Usage is DHCP. If you want a reservation, try MAC 00:00:00:00:00:00

dibrilou
Techie
1110     0

Thank you for your quick answer,

When I try with the 00:00:00:00:00:00 address MAC it gives me this error 

"Line 2: Insertion aborted due to Fixed address 10.10.11.210 cannot be added to a Microsoft Network because it does not have an associated MAC address.",fixedaddress,10.10.11.210,000000000000,,,,

Adviser
1110     0
In NIOS, there are two types of objects which can be tracked in IPAM- DNS or DHCP. Seeing the usage reported as DHCP doesn't indicate that the IP was allocated via DHCP, it infers that there is a DHCP related object found for the given IP. A Fixed Address is a DHCP object.

Additionally, you can also find the following statement in the "IP Address List" section for IP Address Management in the NIOS Administrators Guide:

Usage: Indicates whether the IP address is configured for DNS or DHCP.

Regards,
Tony

dibrilou wrote:

Hi all, 

IPAM question. 

With this configuration I can import my fixed address but when it's appear in IPAM in the "Usage" Column it's written "DHCP". Could someone tell me why? 

dibrilou
Techie
1110     0

Thank you for the answer! 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You