Fixed Address EA bulk change

Techie
4681     0

Hi All

We have a huge number of fixed addresses for which I need to individually update one particular custom EA, called 'Faceplate'. 

The EA is unique on each address. 

I'm pretty new to this but can easily create a csv containing the information but it's getting it into a format that Infoblox likes that I'm struggling with.

In testing I got as far as this but it's not keen. 

header-FixedAddress, ip_address*, EA-Faceplate
FixedAddress, 192.168.210.3, KV-732

What multitude of things am I missing? 

Any help greatly appreciated

James

Re: Fixed Address EA bulk change

Adviser
4682     0

All you need is another column for "mac_address" with the values in the following format - 11:22:33:44:55:66.

If you don't know the MAC address, then you can use all zeroes but that would indicate that it becomes a Reservation, not a Fixed Address (in the sense of providing a DHCP service).

Techie
4682     0

Thanks for the reply. We don't use the MAC addresses for the Fixed Address but the Circuit ID from the DHCP Relay Agent. Does that change what I need to do? 

Adviser
4682     0

DHCP relay agent? Are these static (fixed addresses) or dynamic?

If they are fixed addresses, meaning you have provisioned them through the GUI (or API or CSV upload), then add the additional column as mentioned. If dynamic, you'll have to export all the addresses for which you want to make a change, then re-import them again in CSV. Not sure if this is a good idea though given a dynamic lease may disappear after the lease expires.

Go to the Infoblox support site and download the CSV import guide for syntax.

Techie
4682     0

Hi, yes they are fixed addresses. We assign an IP to each physical network port and use the circuit ID to make sure they get that IP.

Thanks

James

Techie
4682     0

Hi 

I've tried this with adding the 00:00... mac address line. The EAs update as expected but it converts to a reservation and removed the Circuit ID from the Fixed Address, which I think is what you were saying would happen. 

Is there a header for Circuit ID I need to use to maintain these as Fixed Addresses whilst amending the faceplate?

Thanks

James

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
Community Manager
4682     0

Do a CSV export of the fixed addresses you have in the database already.

that should show how the name the columns to match the data & circuit ID.

there is a field 'circuit_id' and according the the CSV import reference : "This field is required when match_option = CIRCUIT_ID"

So you need both the 'circuit_ID' and 'match_option' columns in your import

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin