Forward Zone Not Working

10223     0

Hi all,

I have defined a forward zone. I can see it in the zones list under "Data Management", then "DNS". The name is the domain name I want to forward and the Default Zone Forwarders are the two DNS servers that can resolve the new domain lookup requests. I have not checked "Use Forwarders Only" nor are there any Members defined.

From the Infoblox CLI I can dig into the target domains dns servers I want to forward to, and from a client server if I use nslookup and point to the new DNS servers resolution works fine, but when I point at the Infoblox I get no reoslution. I even captured the packets and I can see the request for the new domain come and then be rejected.

I am suspecting a stupid mistake on my part but can anyone help with finding where I have gone wrong with this forward zone?

Thanks in advance,

Sam

Re: Forward Zone Not Working

Adviser
10224     0
The “forward” zone must be set up on your recursive server so it knows that it should forward. This means that you need to “assign” it to a Grid member (or multiple) so that configuration is entered onto the appliance. If you create the zone but don’t assign it anywhere, the configuration just becomes a “placeholder” in the Grid database.

Once you add your recursive Grid nameservers into the zone configuration and restart services, you’ll find that the setting works as desired.

Re: Forward Zone Not Working

10224     0

Nice! Worked within 30 seconds - thanks for your help!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You