05-27-2016 07:56 AM - edited 05-27-2016 09:28 AM
I am trying to get all the records for an authoritative zone. The WAPI version that I have on the InfoBlox is 1.2.1. When I call https://184.108.40.206/wapi/v1.2.1/record:host, I only get a partial list of what hosts are on the device.
When I call https://220.127.116.11/wapi/v1.2.1/record:host?zone=mydomain.com, I get zero data back (just an empty array). I have also tried https://18.104.22.168/wapi/v1.2.1/record:host?name=mysite.mydomain.com and get nothing back beyond an empty array.
I am trying to get the following information
- A list of all FQDN like my.site.com
- A list of all “A” records that might exist under the respective domain like “my.site.com”.
- A list of all CNAME record that might exist under the respective domain like “my.site.com”.
Any help is greatly appreciated
We are running 6.8.6-227913
06-01-2016 10:46 AM
what you want is either :
- allow zone transfer to your client and just AXFR the zone data (much faster and gives you everything you need)
- use CSV export to get all the records from the zone using the GUI
- use the /allrecords call, which is essentially a zone transfer but much slower. I'm also not sure if it is supported in v1.2.1 of the wapi ( /wapi/v1.2.1/allrecords?zone=mydom
if none of that works, there is nothing obviously wrong with your call, if you're getting an empty list, it just means there are no host records in that zone. (are they, perhaps, all A records instead)
what do you get if you use: