Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Help for an upgrade path

Techie
9243     0

I would like to upgrade to the latest version being 8.4.3 (at this moment). My current version is 8.3.4. This version is not mentioned in the recommended/tested upgrade path (see below). Do you expect any problems? To be honest, I do not even know if there is an intermediate version...

Thank you in advance for your response.

"Even though Infoblox supports the upgrade paths mentioned above, Infoblox has tested and validated only the following upgrade paths for NIOS 8.4. Infoblox recommends that you upgrade to NIOS 8.4 from these tested and validated releases: 8.4.0 EA, 8.3.3, 8.2.7, 8.1.8, and 7.3.18"

Re: Help for an upgrade path

Adviser
9244     0

While version 8.3.0 certainly came out before 8.4.0, the timing gets a little fuzzy as you get farther along in versions and you can see the later versions in the branches being released around the same time, causing this break in upgrade path support. Simply attempting the upgrade won't cause any harm; however, it is important to note that the upgrade path is updated with each release so if the release notes do not mention the version that you are currently on, most likely that will not be supported and NIOS will not allow you to make that jump. When this happens, it will report "no upgrade path found" and abort the upload.

Regards,

Tony

[ Edited ]
Superuser
9244     0

Hello Garcia69,

I don’t know which document are you referring to. But our online documentation available at http://dloads.infoblox.com/tech_lib/NIOS_8.4.3_ReleaseNotes.pdf?auth=1561389632, does have your current release included among the *tested/validated* releases.

Take a look :

Even though Infoblox supports the upgrade paths mentioned above, Infoblox has tested and validated only the following upgrade paths for NIOS 8.4.3. Infoblox recommends that you upgrade to NIOS 8.4.3 from these tested and validated releases : 8.4.2, 8.4.1, 8.3.4, 8.2.8, 8.1.8, 8.0.11, and 7.3.18.

All the best.

Techie
9244     0

Thank you for your quick response. It's good to know it won't cause any harm. But "the problem" is solved by an updated version over the release notes. As stated below by malman, my version is now included in the tested and validated releases.

Techie
9244     0

I see there is a new version of the Release notes. You are right, in this version my NIOS version is included in the tested and validated releases.

Thank you.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You