Accepted Solution

Help understanding CSV import for DHCP

JamesCrenshaw
Techie
4956     0

Hello,

I am trying to understand the instructions for the CSV import of bulk Mac-address' into the DHCP filters.

We recently upgraded to Infoblox 6.12, and previously, the import was conducted through CMD.

I contacted infoblox, but they just directed me to the CSV Import Reference built in to the APP, which does not have very clear (to me) instructions on how to do this.

In the past, I had a file with just the mac address', and a syntaxt for CMD that instructed either 'Install' or 'Remove', the address' involved.

Can somebody please explain in clear, human language, the steps i now should be taking to accomplish this?

Thanks,

Re: Help understanding CSV import for DHCP

Adviser
4957     0

Hi James,

Please see this post.

Adviser
4957     0

IMHO the easiest way is to go into an existing filter, export the contents in CSV import format (there's an arrow in the top right of the window, next to the print button). Open up in Excel (or similar editor), copy a MAC address row and clone it multiple times, changing the MAC address value for whatever you want to insert (or delete). Save the file.

When you click on the import CSV button (located in the right hand toolbar), you then have the choice of importing for the purposes of adding or deleting whatever is in your CSV file. Hope this helps.

JamesCrenshaw
Techie
4957     0

Thanks for that... didn't even think of it from this angle.  Once I exported from the DHCP filter, and looked at the file; it all made sense.  I've built a template for use, and once I get a group of Mac's, I can test.  But I feel it work just fine.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You