Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

How long does NIOS queue deferred DDNS updates?

Expert
1961     1

Anyone know how long NIOS keeps deferred DDNS updates in the queue? I assume there is either a queue length limit or time-based limit. I know I can delete them, I just wanted to know how long they stay in the queue if Infoblox can't send them. I have over 24,000 deferred updates queued up:

Infoblox > show dhcp_dddns_updates

Found 24033 deferred DDNS updates in the queue.

ASSIGNED IP        GRID MEMBER               NETWORK VIEW    DEFERRED FORWARD UPDATE                  DEFERRED REVERSE UPDATE            
===============    ======================    ============    ================================         ================================   
10.1.72.237        infoblox.localdomain      default         REMOVE FIPC5037.company.com              REMOVE 237.72.1.10.in-addr.arpa.   
10.1.72.239        infoblox.localdomain      default         ADD KEFPORI2.company.com                 ADD 239.72.1.10.in-addr.arpa.      
10.4.164.20        infoblox.localdomain      default         REMOVE Stavanger.company.com             REMOVE 20.164.4.10.in-addr.arpa.   
10.112.228.240     infoblox.localdomain      default         ADD RNPC151E0.company.com                ADD 240.228.112.10.in-addr.arpa.   

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Re: How long does NIOS queue deferred DDNS updates?

Superuser
1962     1

Paul,

After my co-worker and I reviewed your post, it is best to escalate to our support department as it requires analysis of your syslog.  Look at page 1442 of the NIOS 8.6 admin guide for a description on the DHCP DDNS Updates Deferred description.

Thomas

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You