Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

How to mass inherit EA?

[ Edited ]
Techie
4911     0

I have EA set on the network but inside the network container, the EAs aren't inherited. 

Screenshot_4.pngScreenshot_5.png

I know how to change them one by one per network. However, I need to inherit the EAs from hundreds of network to the decendants. Is there a way I can do inheritance for all the network at once?

Re: How to mass inherit EA?

Techie
4911     0

You can configure general inheritance for each individual EA.

In Administration > Extensible Attributes edit the properties of any given EA and enable the ckeckbox "Enable Inheritance" under "Additional Properties"

In the Grid Properties editor you'll also have a dedicated section "Extensible Attribute Inheritance" to configure the exact bahaviour when adding/deleting EAs that have inheritance enabled.

[ Edited ]
Techie
4911     0

I know but this does not affect existing setup. I am looking for a solution which can be applied to multiple network at once.

Techie
4911     0

In that case you'll probably have to either do a CSV export/import to change the config value of network containers, or use the API to do the same.

Techie
4911     0

Do you know the config value to use for CSV export/import? Existing is OVERRIDE. I changed it to INHERIT but it returns error.

Techie
4911     0

No, I don't. But you could check the value of a conatiner that is already confgured correctly and just cut+paste that config to all other containers.

You can also check the CSV Import Reference for more details:

https://docs.infoblox.com/display/nios84/CSV+Import+Reference

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You