How to run e2fsck on Infoblox appliance

[ Edited ]
Adviser
2285     0

Was trying to distribute a new NIOS version to my grid but the reporting appliance (physical appliance) failed to accept the new code.  There was corruption on the partition where new code gets stored.   The log file reveals the following:

kernel: []: warning [25288830.450530] EXT3-fs (sdb2): warning: mounting fs with errors, running e2fsck is recommended

Does the appliance command line have a privileged mode where I can run this?  I found an old pdf document on the Infoblox web site concerning the RMA process.  That document states that a reboot will initiate an fsck at boot if corruption is detected.  However, I don't know if it will check all the partitions including the partition that holds a new distribution.  This particular reporting device is in production so I can't afford to experiment. 

Re: How to run e2fsck on Infoblox appliance

Adviser
2286     0

Normally there is no way to execute this command. At reboot it only checks the active partition as far as i know. I think you better RMA the unit, obviously there has something gone wrong during the format of the alternate partition(s).

Re: How to run e2fsck on Infoblox appliance

Adviser
2286     0

I found out there is a CLI command that will run fsck for you.  However, this command is not documented.  I ran it and my system rebooted twice and fixed the file system problem.  Since the command is not documented I am not going to publish it here.  If you need to repair your file system please contact support.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

This widget could not be displayed.

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton

" class="expert-of-month-image"/>