Accepted Solution

IP address xx.xxx.xx.xx cannot be used for the zone domain.com when making a host record

[ Edited ]
pstanev
Techie
9662     0

Hi all,

I am trying to make a host record via HTTP POST request in the Infoblox Appliance, but I had a response code 400 : “IP address 10.xxx.xx.xx cannot be used for the zone domain.com Verify the network association in the zone properties.”

Do somebody know what might be the problem, and how could I fix that? Here are the details:

POST Request to: infoblox-appliance/wapi/v1.4/record:host

Content: {"name”:”name.domain.com”,”ipv4addrs":[{"configure_for_dhcp":false,"ipv4addr":"10.xxx.xx.xx”,”mac":"00:00:00:00:00:00"}]}

Response:

Content: { "Error": "AdmConDataError: None (IBDataConflictError: IB.Data.Conflict:The IP address 10.xxx.xx.xx cannot be used for the zone domain.com Verify the network association in the zone properties.)", 

"code": "Client.Ibap.Data.Conflict", 

"text": "The IP address 10.xxx.xx.xx cannot be used for the zone domain.com. Verify the network association in the zone properties."

}

Re: IP address xx.xxx.xx.xx cannot be used for the zone domain.com when making a host record

Adviser
9663     0
There is a setting in NIOS that can be set for some networks and zones to be associated in a way that prevents an administrator from creating a DNS record where the zone or IP is incorrect for the other. It appears from the error that you have run into that issue.

Log into the UI, go the subnet in question (10.xxx.xxx.xxx) and edit the properties. From the General settings, go to the Advanced tab. You’ll find the zone associations for that subnet there. You may have to determine whether this is set appropriately for your environment.

Re: IP address xx.xxx.xx.xx cannot be used for the zone domain.com when making a host record

pstanev
Techie
9663     0

Thank you!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You