Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

IPv4 DHCP Option Cisco_LWAPP_AP

[ Edited ]
Adviser
8075     1

I have the following DHCP global options defined on my legacy ISC DHCP server:

option space Cisco_LWAPP_AP;
option Cisco_LWAPP_AP.server-address code 241 = array of ip-address;
option local-encapsulation code 43 = encapsulate Cisco_LWAPP_AP;

I was able to create the equivalent of the first two lines.  However, I don't see anyway to create "encapsulate Cisco_LWAPP_AP" of the third line.  The type field has a dropdown with fixed options as shown in the screenshot below.

Is there anyway to apply this DHCP option?

2020-06-04_9-51-11.jpg

Re: IPv4 DHCP Option Cisco_LWAPP_AP

Adviser
8075     1

Figured it out...Since we have designated VLANs for APs, adding option 43 on those particular networks and setting "encapsulate Cisco_LWAPP_AP" as the string resolved the issue.

Expert
8075     1

I couldn't see your screenshot for some reason, but setting up the option for Cisco APs is actually really simple, just define a new option space with option 241 as a sub-option then use it in your DHCP options for your WLC IP address:

cisco wlc option.jpg

cisco wlc option on subnet.jpg

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Expert
8075     1

Then define the match value so you are only matching on "Cisco AP" vendor class:

cisco match value.jpg

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Adviser
8075     1

Paul, thanks for that!  I was missing the match value parameter in the Grid DHCP Properties.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You