Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Infoblox Application Loads Slow

Authority
3288     0

Hi All,

There is slowness with Infoblox GUI. It just keeps loading for a long time.Slow.PNG

The issue intermittently-frequent, i.e. it does not happen all the time. But, happens most of the time.

Already tried multiple browsers, resetting the browser, clearing cache etc.

From IB end, I had some discoveries which I removed.

CPU Usage is under 8 %.

DB capacity is just 17% utilized.

Disk usage is 2%

Memory 6%

System temp optimal.

In short everything is in green.

Also, issue was in 8.4.8, now in 8.5.3 as well the issue persists.

Any thoughts?

Re: Infoblox Application Loads Slow

Expert
3288     0

You're trying to load a map, how big is the network or container? Is it slow if you click on "list"?

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Authority
3288     0

Hi Paul,

This happens with not just with the IPAM, there is slowness in other feature like Global Search etc.

Seems like customers are complaining about slowness with Infoblox GUI when loaded on Chrome. I came to know the support is receiving tickets on the same. It works well with Edge & Firefox, but not Chrome.

I am planning to raise ticket with support, if I get some info I will update my findings.

Expert
3289     0

Interesting, I've not seen this yet, it is on any particular version of NIOS?

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Authority
3289     0

Initially faced this on 8.4.8 and now running 8.5.3. 

Regards,

Gokul

Superuser
3289     0

Thank you for your inquiry and for posting your question in Community. We assume you're talking about the NIOS GUI. Have you had a chance to contact Infoblox Support for assistance?

There are a number of factors that can directly influence the GUI performance including the size of the Grid Manager (GM), the size of the Grid, the object count, whether the GM is serving protocol, and other factors.

In our experience, the issue does not appear to be endemic in NIOS as our NIOS 8.5.3 Grid interface launches instantly. Please follow up with Support to see if they may help you with NIOS application launch performance. Thank you.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You