Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

DNS DHCP IPAM

Accepted Solution

Infoblox - What is the difference b/w IPAM and DHCP tabs in Infoblox?

[ Edited ]
1160     0

Hi everyone,

I am a ServiceNow developer. As part of my development effort, I am working on InfoBlox - ServiceNow integration. I have question regarding choosing the option between DHCP and IPAM subnets. When I import files from IPAM and DHCP am getting little different count for (ex. /21, /22, /23) basically IPAM has excess subnets. I am trying to capture all active subnets that are available on our network. My question is what option should I be concidering to capture all subnets? I know IPAM has more subnets but I don't know if they are accurate enough to be considered. Please help me thaks.

InfoBlox->Data Management->IPAM

InfoBlox->Data Management->DHCP

Re: Infoblox - What is the difference b/w IPAM and DHCP tabs in Infoblox?

Adviser
1161     0

Hello Rakesh,

Networks which you see under Data management -> DHCP are the one’s which are “served” by one of your Infoblox DHCP servers. That’s called a “managed” network. The ones which you see under Data Management -> IPAM would include both managed/unmanaged networks. While an “Unmanaged” network can be anything which is *not* served by an Infoblox server. This could include networks which has been discovered by a Network insight solution too. So technically a discrepancy in the number could be normal here. Now if your question is, what are the list of Active networks in your Infrastructure ? I would say IPAM if you are also looking for networks which are not served by Infoblox. But if you just need the ones served by Infoblox for DHCP, then the networks listed under DHCP should be your choice.

Hope this makes sense. Please let me know if there are any questions.

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Re: Infoblox - What is the difference b/w IPAM and DHCP tabs in Infoblox?

1161     0

Thanks Malman. That's a great explanation.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin