Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Inheritance issues in NIOS 8.4.6

Expert
2560     0

Inheritance is not working as expected.

I set option 81 value to update DNS if requested on each DHCP failover peer at the member level. However none of the networks associated with these servers inherited the setting. I had to go to each network and set it manually.

Next we wanted to enable "Update DNS on lease renewal" - again I set it at the server level but it did not take affect.

In the end we created containers for the networks and set the option there, but even looking at the networks they said they were inheriting from the grid, not the "upper level" container. But when I did a restart services and looked at the config file Infoblox had written out a "update-optimization false" statement on every network, but the GUI still showed it as unticked.

It seems that inheritance is getting quite broken, is this a known problem?

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Re: Inheritance issues in NIOS 8.4.6

Techie
2561     0

Paul,

DDNS configuration inheritance won't work until you also override/enable 'DDNS Updates' at the same level where you are overriding the other DDNS parameter.

Re: Inheritance issues in NIOS 8.4.6

Expert
2561     0

Ah ok thanks I will try and check that out next time I'm on the customer's system.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin