Is DIW broken when importing quoted TXT records?

[ Edited ]
Expert
1860     0

Hi,

I've had to use DIW quite a bit over the past few months and I keep having problems with quoted TXT records.

For instance, when DIW imports the following TXT record:

@ 1H IN TXT "v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"

what actually ends up in Infoblox is this:

"" v=spf1 include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all ""

Note double quotes and leading/trailing spaces.

This causes my dns-diff script to fail validation of the zone data and I have to correct it manually.

It's not a big deal, I have about a dozen entries to correct in my current data set. It's just making me wonder if DIW is broken here, and as it's a PS tool I'm not sure how to log a support ticket for it.

Cheers,

Paul

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Re: Is DIW broken when importing quoted TXT records?

GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
1861     0

What is the source of the original data, where are you importing the TXT records from ?

Depending on where you source the data, the DIW ay process the data differently.

Expert
1861     0

They are just coming from text based zone files. The record I quoted earlier was straight out of a zone file.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

[ Edited ]
GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
1861     0

a) you should use AXFR format, the DIW will process them better.

b) I wasn't sure if you were importing directly from a DNS source, or from local files with the DIW.

There probably is a bug, but it may be either from the processing of your file into AXFR format or it could just be that the DIW isn't stripping the quotes like it is supposed to.

if it still occurs with an AXFR file, open a support case

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You