DNS DHCP IPAM

Accepted Solution

Long/staled messaged : the grid is currently being upgraded

MElsen
Techie
4395     0

- For some reason this message appears long after a nightly upgrade has been scheduled.

Restart services cannot be used because the same complaint appears. In Grid -> Upgrade, it shows

contrary to the message that all grid members have completed.

This was for nios 6.12.x to 7.2.3 ; but I experienced the same issue for other upgrades in the past too

Is there a workaround to kick the boxed and get rid of this, since the upgrade is DONE?

M.

Re: Long/staled messaged : the grid is currently being upgraded

BJabson
Techie
4395     0

would the CLI command “set grid_upgrade forced_end” fix it?  it should.

MElsen
Techie
4395     0

In the end, after one more night, the ,message,finally , went away, but I will keep this command

in mind.

Tx,

M.

Highlighted

Adviser
4395     0

@MElsen wrote:

In the end, after one more night, the ,message,finally , went away, but I will keep this command

in mind.

There is an Infoblox support knowledge base article KB #275 that seems relevant here:

https://support.infoblox.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/275/kw/upgrade%20has%20not%20completed

I saw similar behavior doing a scheduled upgrade from 6.12.8 to 6.12.14: All grid members were upgraded, but the Grid -> Upgrade page indicated that the overall grid upgrade had not yet completed. After waiting 24 hours (per the KB article) the message went away. (I knew about the command to force the upgrade to end but didn't use it.)

Frank

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You