Accepted Solution

Microsoft DHCP connection error

maximovka
Techie
6592     0

Dear Infoblox staff,

I am experiencing diffuculties with my company's Infoblox appliance's DHCP sync.

I have an active connection between the appliance and Microsoft DHC servers.

One of the mentioned connections is set to be in read only mode.

When I try to switch the connection to Read/Write mode I get the following error prompt:

- Enter a valid mac address. Example: 01:0c:f1:de:a9:40

This is one of the least clear error notification ever to be seen in our realms. Where is the Mac address missing? Why does it matter? I have enabled the registry of invalid MAC addresses and the error remains.

Thanks,

Daniel

Re: Microsoft DHCP connection error

TTiscareno Community Manager
Community Manager
6592     0

This is commonly seen when an invalid or even completely missing MAC address is encountered when synchronizing reservation information. Microsoft DHCP does not enforce valid MAC addresses and this creates the error seen since NIOS requires that every Fixed Address have a valid MAC address. For reservations where a MAC address will not be used, all zeros should be used for the MAC address: 00:00:00:00:00:00

To correct for this issue, review the source data prior to importing it and correct any MAC addresses which are not valid.

maximovka
Techie
6592     0

This i rather wierd. Our Infoblox appliance runs two DHCP-server connections, one to the main DHCP server and the other to a backup server.

The two Microsoft servers are synced every 15 seconds, therefore I can see no reason why one connection is faultlessly in Read/Write mode while the other encounters the error mentioned above.

Could this be some kind of bug?

Thanks!

Adviser
6592     0

There have been known issues related to synchronization of invalid mac addresses whilst MS DHCP Failover association is in use.

However, I do not believe NIOS version 8.0 and above are affected. Which NIOS version are you running on the grid?

If you are facing issues on the latest releases as well and if it requires attention, I would recommend opening a case with Infoblox Support.

maximovka
Techie
6592     0

Our NIOS version is 7.3.4.

I'll consider upgrading then, are the newest releases available somwhere?

thnx!

Highlighted

Bomi
Techie
6592     0

You can download from Infoblox support portal under "Downloads" and the latest one is 8.1.1 at the moment.

Thanks.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You