Multiple Action CSV file - strange error message when importing "hostrecord" with mac_address

3395     1

I've been beating my head against the wall trying to solve a problem and thought I would share my solution in case anyone else has this experience.  Based upon the strange error message I'm getting, I guessing that this is a bug in Infoblox.

I'm attempting to create a "Multiple Action CSV file", as defined on page 130 of NIOS_CSV_Ref_7.3.pdf, which I am importing by selecting the "Custom" mode under "Type of Import". I have found that if I try to import a 'hostrecord' that contains a mac_address, so the address would be added to DHCP, then I receive the following error:

"""Line 2: action column/opcode is required for CUSTOM operation""",hostrecord,I,my-test-name.mydomain,1.2.3.4,00:22:19:b7:ea:49

My file contains:

header-hostrecord,import-action,fqdn*,addresses,mac_address,view
hostrecord,I,my-test-name.mydomain,1.2.3.4,00:22:19:b7:ea:49

I have found two solutions:

1) Remove the "import-action" column and import the file using the Import CSV and "Add records" choice.   (This was the approach I was using at first, but I liked the flexibility of having multiple actions in an import file, so that's why I started looking into that approach).  

2) Split the mac_address into a separate [hostaddress] record:

header-hostrecord,import-action,fqdn*,addresses
header-hostaddress,import-action,parent*,address,mac_address
hostrecord,I,my-test-name.mydomain,1.2.3.4
hostaddress,I,my-test-name.mydomain,1.2.3.4,00:22:19:b7:ea:49

fs

Re: Multiple Action CSV file - strange error message when importing "hostrecord" with mac_

Adviser
3396     1

Hi - thank you very much for sharing.

-Srinivas

--------------------------------------
Check out our new Tech docs website for latest documentation on Infoblox products.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin