Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

NIOS GUI Skin

4094     0

Has anyone played around with Greasemonkey or similar extensions to re-skin the NIOS GUI? A bunch of my team is complaining about how bright the new GUI is since we upgraded from 8.3.1 to 8.4.4.

While I am not getting my hopes up about this, I figured I'd do my due diligence and ask. Thanks!

Re: NIOS GUI Skin

Techie
4094     0

Hello Daniel,

I'm not sure about Greasemonkey but you can use Dark Reader add-on in Firefox or chrome which would give you a dark theme for web pages which can be used in Infoblox page too. Please find the link below.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/darkreader/

Thanks,

Alten Alexander

Expert
4094     0

I think the new UI skin is horrible. Would prefer to switch back if possible.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

4094     0

Agreed....new gui leaves alot of screen real estate open....and bright too.

My team is complaining "NOT able to find things where they used to be"...

Anybody else here think it needs a "Redo"?

4094     0

Agree that the new GUI is painfully white (and low density).  I asked my sales engineer and they couldnt find an RFE for this, so I opened one to get an optional "dark mode" added.  Feel free to +1 to it via your salesperson: RFE # 10971

Expert
4094     0

Looks like IB have done some more work on the new skin, in 8.5.x it looks a lot better, they have added some shading in places so there aren't so many white borderless panels, and various on-screen "widgts" have been updated, it looks a lot more polished. I'm quite liking it now.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

[ Edited ]
Expert
4095     0

Now if they could just fix the general "navigation" issues, it would be a lot better (ie the UI forgetting which IP you had selected or which page you were on when you go "back", or being able to have multiple subnets open at once).

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You