Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Network Container vs Networks Permission

Techie
2886     0

I believe this is not possible, but wanted to see if anyone found a way around this problem.  I have a large network where I want to be able to control the IP allocation.  I want to control down to the /16, after that I am fine with other being able to create networks.  I tried to use network containers hoping there was a way to lock down permissions on containers but leaving creating a network less restrictive but it doesn't seem possible. Has anyone dealt with this problem?  Thanks in advance.

Highlighted

Re: Network Container vs Networks Permission

Community Manager
Community Manager
2887     0

We don't have an 'only allow creation of sub objects' type permission.

You own the container which means that you own the permission to both create sub objects and modify the containers properties. (R/W). The only way to delegate control to sub objects is to create them first, and then assign them to someone else.

however, if the people creating these subnets are not the people creating the networks on the routing layer, there is a risk that the data end up being out of phase with that's in production. So sometimes openting the doors to let anyone make changes may not be helpful.

This is where letting something like Network Insight or an autoprovisioning system greate the subnets as required might be a better approach.

Highlighted

Re: Network Container vs Networks Permission

Techie
2887     0

Thanks GHorne!  I like the idea of using Network Insight or autoprovisioning networks.  

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin