Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Network Insight Discovery on IPAM Network Containers...

Authority
2470     0

This may be a straight forward question but I can't seem to find the answer...

If I create a network container for a /16 and enable discovery on that container which has no sub containers or networks configured, will Network Insight go out and discover the networks under that /16 and populate it?

Re: Network Insight Discovery on IPAM Network Containers...

Adviser
2471     0
Yes. As it finds subnets defined on routers, it will add them as unmanaged networks to that container, after which you can convert them to managed if you wish.

John

Adviser
2471     0
Yes. As it finds subnets defined on routers, it will add them as unmanaged networks to that container, after which you can convert them to managed if you wish.

John

pnewcomb
Techie
2471     0

We are about to start Discovery with Network Insight and will only be doing CLI and SNMP to start.

I see a tab under Data Management for Devices and this will be very helpful as today 90% of the routers are not defined in the database.

However, the next most important item for my customer is to understand where networks are.

The database was imported from BT Diamond and they did not do a very good job when allocating networks at putting the networks into containers.  As a result two consecutive /24's can be found in diferent parts of the world which makes route summarization impossible.

What we are trying to do is find out what networks each router discovers.

I am looking for that report that couples networks with devices (routers).

Does this exist?

Moderator Dave_Signori
2471     0

If you have the Reporting appliance, there is an out of the box report called IPAMv4 Device Networks that lists Network, Util%, Network View, Device IP (i.e. the router), Device Name (i.e. the router), interface IP, Device Model, Device Vendor, and Device OS Version.  You can filter this in a variety of ways like be Network or by router.

Also, when you click on a router under the Device tab, there is a Networks Tab that shows you the networks discovered on that router.

@DaveSignori

pnewcomb
Techie
2471     0

Thanks Dave, just what I needed !!!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You