Non-Contiguous Networks IPAM Open Network Search

Authority
1876     0

Is there any report or view you can use for IPAM to show the open subnets after not using an adequate IPAM manager for years?  We have gaps everywhere....everywhere.  Most items are non-contiguous.  I can subnet just fine, but don't want to meticulously go through the entire class A network looking for holes where I could fit a network in.  Is there a report or something we can run to view some open/unused non-contiguous networks?  Any help is appreciated, as my eyes are tiring from finding the open spots throughout the class a.........

Re: Non-Contiguous Networks IPAM Open Network Search

Adviser
1876     0
Not sure if there is a report, but the ”next available network” function will find the next network of a given size in a given container. Useful if you want to create a new network but not perhaps if you want to know what you have available for planning purposes.
Highlighted

Re: Non-Contiguous Networks IPAM Open Network Search

Authority
1876     0

Saw the next available, and yes, appears to only work in a container situation.  That would be a feature request, some type of report that shows some of the possibilities, or a "planning" tab, where you can play with the network size and watch infoblox calculate what is possibly open or closed for future use.  Subnetting isn't bad, but thought there would have been something in infoblox to use visually outside of the network containers.   

Would you suggest placing an entire 10.0.0.0 /8 container over everything and going from there?   Have you ever heard of anyone doing that?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You