Accepted Solution

Not able to GET custom DHCP options

ujoshi
Techie
2382     0

I've created a custom option for a network range. The option number is 240, and it is a string value.

However, it's not appearing on the client side.

A network trace shows that this particular option is not in the offer packet (other options are visible).

How can I resolve this ?

Re: Not able to GET custom DHCP options

MajidMaskati
Techie
2382     0

There might be a clock issue or something during the trunking process. The clock might be working slow. Did you check the clock settings? In most the cases clocks, not working properly and this cause the delay between client and the user sites. The solution is to reset your clock and then again check the delay between sender and receiver. I hope that works.

Majid Maskati, 
Business Development Executive at Best Business writing service Dubai, UAE

Highlighted

ujoshi
Techie
2382     0

Hello Sir. I believe that you may be responding to a different issue.

I do not see how clock adjustment would affect thee DHCP options being offered.

Just to note again that a single new custom DHCP option is not being presented; all others are.

Please advise.

Thank you.

[ Edited ]
Adviser
2383     0

Greetings!

Please explain your configuration in detail so that we can understand better?

#1 - Did you navigate to DHCP-->Option Spaces tab, then created a new option space and specified 240 as string?
OR
#2 - Did you navigate to DHCP-->Option Spaces tab and added 240 into the default IPv4 option space named DHCP?

#2 above just requires you to specify your option at a range or network and provide its value.
#1 above requires you to create an IPv4 option filter, then match client(s) based on ther VCI (option 60) and apply the filter on a range as a Logic filter.

When you perform the network trace, do you find the client asking for option 240 inside the Parameter Request List (PRL - Option 55) in a DHCPDISCOVER packet?

If your requirement is such that Infoblox provide all configured option(s) on a range, to client(s), regardless of whether they are requesting or not would require you to enable "Ignore optionlist requested by client and return all defined options". This can be configured on a range/network and certain other places and configuring it simply means that Infoblox writes an additional statement to dhcpd.conf to ignore the PRL from clients.

Best Regards,

Bibin Thomas

ujoshi
Techie
2383     0

Hello Bibin.

Thank you very much for the reply, it was very educational and helped to resolve the issue.

Once we checked the "Ignore optionlist requested by client and return all defined options" option on the advanced tab, we got expected results.

Best Regards,

ujoshi

[ Edited ]
abduljabbar
Techie
2383     0

I was also facing this problem and searching for the solution thanks for the answers. The same problem i faced when i was doing essay writing in UAE but now problem solved Smiley Happy

<Moderator> External link removed. Future postings will be monitored for abuse.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You