Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Permission details, global vs object access interference

Authority
1372     0

I'm facing an interesting challenge with access, and I hope I've done something wrong as supposed to it's how Infoblox designed permissions. 

Since before: 

Role A has read/write access to internal DNS view, Host, A, CNAME, PTR (Fixed DHCP not possible choosing)

Role A also has read access to TXT/MX/etc 

Role A also has Global Fixed DHCP read/write access 

This worked fine for almost a year now 

New since a month: 

Role B has read/write access to subnet 10.1.2.0/24, Host, A , CNAME, PTR 

Role B also has Fixed DHCP read/write access to 10.1.2.0/24  

Role A now reports they can no longer change a Fixed DHCP in subnet in subnet 10.1.2.0/24

Role A can add a new Host without DHCP and can also remove existing Host without DHCP 

Is it possible Role B's read/write permission for Fixed DHCP in subnet 10.1.2.0/24 overwrites the global read/write  Fixed DHCP for Role A? Same type of permission but for different Roles? 

If so it's not one but hundreds of subnets and it's not one but 20 Roles and growing... 

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin