Problem with Web Administration - Urgent

favdpz
Techie
2531     0

hi guys,

i need help because when i try to connect to the web administration i see this error:

"Click here in page does not refresh in 10 seconds..."

if I click the word "here" I don't see the web interface...

this is a cluster with recommend version. The SSH session works but i don't know how to resolve this.

This is a bank, the services works normally but is impossible the administration.

please help and sorry my english.

Re: Problem with Web Administration - Urgent

favdpz
Techie
2531     0

the problem has been resolved

thanks bye

Adviser
2531     0

Could you share what the problem was so that others may be helped in the future?

Check out our new Tech docs website at http://docs.infobox.com for latest documentation on Infoblox products

Adviser
2531     0

please do share for others to understand and benefit from the information.

If you appreciate my efforts, please give me a kudo ↓ or Accept as solution to help others find it faster.
Highlighted

suwindows
Techie
2531     0

I met a similar problem. I had two infoblox VM Machines, and the infoblox ha status was OK. I rebooted the Active  appliance. So it occured failover.But I found that I was unable to access the web management pages by VIP address. Can you give me some suggestions to solve the proble ? Thanks a lot.

Some of My lab environment  configuration as follows:

Infoblox-N1 (Active)

HA IP:10.1.1.11

LAN1 IP:10.1.1.12

VIP:10.1.1.10

Infoblox-N2 (Passive)

HA  IP:10.1.1.13

LAN1:10.1.1.14

version:8.2.4-366880

Adviser
2532     0

Did you try CTRL+F5 to force a reload without cache?  Or delete cache and try again?  Or try a different browser or a different PC/user?

TTiscareno Community Manager
Community Manager
2532     0

@suwindows wrote:

I met a similar problem. I had two infoblox VM Machines, and the infoblox ha status was OK. I rebooted the Active  appliance. So it occured failover.But I found that I was unable to access the web management pages by VIP address. Can you give me some suggestions to solve the proble ? Thanks a lot.

Some of My lab environment  configuration as follows:

Infoblox-N1 (Active)

HA IP:10.1.1.11

LAN1 IP:10.1.1.12

Infoblox-N2 (Passive)

HA  IP:10.1.1.13

LAN1:10.1.1.14

version:8.2.4-366880

I'm not sure how you verified the HA status without getting to the GUI but to start, connect to the CLI (SSH) for both appliances and run the "show status" command to verify that one thinks it's passive and the other is active.

It is not uncommon that the switching environment did not update its ARP cache when the failover occurred and/or is stuck in a port blocking state (spanning tree, port channeling, incorrect network/switch settings, etc). That can leave one stuck as always operating as passive and never taking over the active role, or both going active so that you are in a dual-active state and you end up with an IP conflict on the network as both nodes try to serve the VIP.

You can try to fix this by shutting down the node which should NOT be the active one, then reboot the one that should be the active node. If that node successfully goes online as active, power the other node back up and see if it settles in to the passive role or if any other issues crop up.

Since these are VM's, make sure that the security settings on the vSwitch and network interfaces are all set correctly. The easiest thing to do is make sure that nothing is restricted. For example, if you have settings for promiscuous mode, MAC Address changes and forged transmits, make sure that those are all allowed (set to Accept). By not allowing these, you may be preventing the two nodes in the HA pair from being able to bring the VIP online so while the failover may have occurred, the vSwitch is blocking access to the VIP after the new active node sends out its gratuitous ARP to update this on the network.

Hope this helps.

-Tony

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You