Promotion of GM candidate

Authority
5633     0

The Admin guides are pretty clear about the process for promoting a GMC and the scenarios in which you might choose to do so. However I am struggling to find any literature that describes what happens when your usual GM, which has been offline, returns to an operational state. Does it forceably take the GM role back, or do you need to unpromote the member you previously promoted, and then promote your usual GM?

Has anyone had any experience of doing this?

Thanks.

Re: Promotion of GM candidate

Adviser
5634     0

When the previous GM returns to an online status it will essentially check-in with the other members and discover that it is no longer the GM. It will then connect to the promoted GMC (current GM), sync and assume the role of GMC. It will not forceablly take the GM role back.

If you had any issues with the former GM you can always reset its database and then resync/join it to the new GM.

Once the former GM is back online as a GMC you can promote it back to the GM role if desired.

Steve S.

Authority
5634     0

Thank you SSalo. 

Just one more thing. At the point when I have my original GM back online and it's taken up the role of GMC, is it now just a case of promoting that member to get it back to being GM? What I mean is do I need to do anything to the member that is currently GM (eg demote it in some manner)? Or will it just accept the fact the GMC wants to take over and let it do so?

Adviser
5634     0

All you need to do is promote the GMC to GM. No manual demotion is required. Once the GMC is promoted the existing GM that is online will assume the role of GMC.

Steve S.
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You