Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Query on Infoblox Reporting

Authority
3631     0

Hi Team,

I have Query on Infoblox Reporting Server integration with Microsoft DHCP Server.

I have to implement Infoblox IPAM with Grid Master, Grid Member, and Reporting Server to Manage Microsoft DHCP.

Infoblox Reporting is expected to provide long-term network reporting, trending, tracking, IPAM prediction.

To achive all the reporting expectation I have to integrate Reporting with Grid Master and Grid Member only? OR I have to integrate Reporting with Grid Master, Grid Member and Microsoft DHCP Server also?

What reports I would miss if i don't integrate Microsoft DHCP with Infoblox Reporting?

Thanks,

Sachin

Re: Query on Infoblox Reporting

Adviser
3632     0

Hello Sachin,

You would need a Microsoft Management license on your grid member OR grid master so that it can fetch Microsoft DHCP scope data and populate that information inside Infoblox DHCP section as well as in IPAM.

If you have a reporting server on the grid, normally reporting forwarder service would be running on all the grid members including the grid master who can forward IPAM/DHCP related data to the reporting appliance.

Following is a sample screen shot of data from MS server (dc01) retrieved from the reporting appliance.

MS server IPAM report.png

Best Regards,
Bibin Thomas

Authority
3632     0

Thanks Bibin for your response.

We have purchased Microsoft license.

So it's not necessary/required to configure Microsoft DHCP as forwarder to forward Microsoft DHCP logs to Infoblox Reproting? 

Thanks,

Sachin

Adviser
3632     0

Not required.

The grid member with microsoft management license installed is responsible for fetching data from the MS server(s) you add on the grid (Grid-->Microsoft Servers tab).

Thank you,
Bibin Thomas

Authority
3632     0

Hi Bibin,

I got confused bcs of this document https://www.infoblox.com/wp-content/uploads/infoblox-deployment-guide-implementing-microsoft-server-....

In this document under Section 'Enable Analytics on the Microsoft Server' they have mentioned to enable few settings on Microsoft server.

Thanks,

Sachin

Adviser
3632     0

Hello again Sachin,

That part of the deployment documentation might have something to do with "Synchronize DNS Reporting Data" which is a new feature implemented in 8.2.x NIOS version.

When I read its corresponding Request for Enhancement (RFE-5140) - It is regarding the Ability to get DNS Query (Query Logging) data from Microsoft DNS servers.

While I have not tested that feature yet, this for certain does not have anything to do with DHCP data synchronization.

Best Regards,
Bibin Thomas

Authority
3632     0

Thanks Bibin for your response. It was very help.

Regards,

Sachin

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin