Re-assign member to another grid

2577     0

I have an ib-100 in a remote site that I want to remove from grid1 and move it to grid2. I removed the member from grid1, and added it on grid2 successfully. But now I cannot access the member at all to set membership to grid2. I can ping it, but ssh is timing out, and GUI isn't responding.

1- How can I caccess it again since it is in a remote site?

2- What is the correct way to move a member from a grid to another?

Re: Re-assign member to another grid

Authority
2578     0

Hello,

Trinzic 100 does not have GUI and the only option to access the appliance is through SSH or serial console.I understand that you are not able to access the appliance by SSH and it is in a remote location. At this point of time, Unfortunately I would ask you to connect using the serial console and check if you are able to access the appliance and join it to the grid.

The correct way to move the member would be to turn of the appliance and move it to another grid and turn it back on and join the member to the  new grid.

Regards,

Manu M

2578     0

I found the correct way.

I wanted to handle everything remotely, no console or physical presence is involved.

My problem was that once the ib-100 get removed from grid, it doesn't listen to ssh (show connections command).

So the solution was to do "reset database" and keeping network setting (and making sure Remote Console Access: true). That way, it leaves the grid and still accessible via ssh, where I can set new membership.

2578     0

After resetting the database, didn't you lose the SSH session or were you able to login with same username and password after resetting. Please let know about this information as we have a similar case in our environment. Thank you.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You