Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Reserved IP ranges from a specific subnet didn't showing DNS ,DNS suffixs,Domain name and gateway

3547     0

Hi,

Need assistance,i have configured subnet i.e. 10.29.64.0/18  in Infoblox wherein i have configured all required details like DNS suffix,default gateway and domain name.Now i have reserved a range i.e. 10.29.70.1 - 10.29.80.254. within the same subnet 

Now the issue is that DNS suffix,default gateway and domain name is not visible for that specific range which i have reserved. However i can see the same under 10.29.64.0/18.

Re: Reserved IP ranges from a specific subnet didn't showing DNS ,DNS suffixs,Domain name and gatewa

3548     0

Hello there,

This is an expected behavior.

IPv4 Reserved Ranges are not designed to inherit the configuration / options from a higher level.

Once you convert the Reserved Range into active IPv4 DHCP Range by assigning a Member to it, it will inherit the settings configured at the Network / Member / Grid DHCP Properties.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin