Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Search for a MAC address

Techie
6532     0

Is there a global search I can perform to find all instances of a MAC address in the system?  Or do I have to search for it  separately in MAC filters, fixed addresses or other schema objects?  Would like to do a search in which the mac_address is provided and everything about that HA addr is returned.

TIA for any suggestions.

i Re: Search for a MAC address

Techie
6533     0

Hi Benngl,

If you are looking for a way to find the list of MAC addresses for which DHCP has provided a lease, you can navigate to Data management->DHCP->Leases->Current leases in the GUI and you can export it to check the list of clients involved.

If you are looking for a way to export data of all fixed addresses, MAC filters to check the MAC involved, you can perform a CSV export by navigating to Data management->DHCP->Networks->Toolbar->CSV job manager

test1.png

Then you need to click on the add sign under CSV export, then you can select the set of fields for which you want the required data

test2.png

Hope it helps Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Alten Alexander

Re: i Re: Search for a MAC address

Techie
6533     0

Thanks, Alten. Your reply helps a great deal. I should also post in the API community, b/c I'm ideally looking for a method to search for a MAC address whether it is:

- a static IP address assignment

- a DHCP filter

- associated w/an FQDN

It appears that I would need to search in different locations for each. Or is there a global search that will discover it regardless of its location?

Thanks, again, for your response.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You