Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation.

5737     0

Hello, I'm doing some tests to update some infoblox equipment. I have tried to upgrade from version 8.2.2 to version 8.4.7. I had to do a Revert Grid because I didn't know that I had to do some prior updates first until I got to version 8.4.7. After performing the Revert Grid the following message appears: Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation. I did the Revert Grid and the updated members seem to be correct. But of the members that were not updated they remain as follows. I don't know what would be the solution to the message that appears to me Thanks.

Re: Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation.

[ Edited ]
5737     0

Screenshot_1.png

Currently the status of the members is this. Those that were updated when doing the revert grid remained as initially. On the other hand, those that did not update when doing the revert grid stayed with the complete distribute of version 8.4..7
I'm a bit blocked, help please

Re: Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation.

Authority
5737     0

Hi there,

This is a common occurance that happens due to auto-sync. To change the NIOS version running on a server there are several options:

- upgrade to the new version if there is a direct upgrade path

- downgrade if moving to an older version

- Auto-sync : join the server as a member to a grid that is running the new/older version of NIOS

When Auto-syncing, some files related to reporting feature and threat analytics feature are not synced (on regular members) or takes over an hour to sync (on GMC members or passive node of GM). This should not affect running services like DNS/DHCP if you're not using reporting or threat analytics feature.

To fix the issue, the most common remedy is to downgrade the appliance to an older NIOS version and then upgrade it back (normal upgrade following the upload-distribute-upgrade steps) to the required NIOS version.

5737     0

I've been experiencing this same issue. I've installed two new appliances to the Grid, replacing an existing HA pair. After the replacement, I starting seeing this error. After working with Tech Support, we attempted to perform the downgrade, breaking the HA pair on the passive node and focusing on the single node. The show upgrade history command did not show any previous versions of NIOS installed on this node. It was only showing the current running code. So, we attempted to perform a downgrade via the grid of the single node. This failed two times with two different versions of NIOS. I'm currently running version 8.4.8.  Not sure what direction to turn at this point. 

Expert
5738     0

Same problem here, running 8.5.2, deployed the grid from OVA files, not an upgrade. Not really sure where to go from here.

"Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation."

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Superuser
5738     0

Hi Paul!

Long time, no chat! Hope you are well. Thanks for your message. We're tracking your feedback down as neither I nor our Product Manager have yet to encounter this issue. I'm assuming you've submitted a support ticket. We will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks Paul!

Bob Rose

Sr. Product Marketing Manager

Infoblox NIOS DDI & Value-Added Services

5738     0

I was wondering if anyone has upgraded to a newer version, after seeing this error and attempting to do a downgrade afterwards, whether this is working for anyone? I'm currently running 8.4.8. When I tried to perform a downgrade (After removing the passive from the HA), I noticed that the previous version of NIOS was not listed under the show downgrade_history. So, I'm thinking of upgrading again to version 8.5.2 and hoping that this might fix the issue. Has anyone tried this?

[ Edited ]
5738     0

I am happy to escalate these issues with support and engineering.  Can each of you private message me the Support Case ID?

Expert
5738     0
Thanks guys, I need to double check this before I escalate it as my lab is in a bit of a mess tbh. Give me a couple days. Cheers.
Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Techie
5738     0

Hi all,

It's an old post but did anyone find the solution? I am in the same situation but now with version 8.6.3.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You