Learn How We Can Help You Keep Teleworkers Protected During the COVID-19 Crisis

DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted

Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation.

Techie
102     0

Hello, I'm doing some tests to update some infoblox equipment. I have tried to upgrade from version 8.2.2 to version 8.4.7. I had to do a Revert Grid because I didn't know that I had to do some prior updates first until I got to version 8.4.7. After performing the Revert Grid the following message appears: Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation. I did the Revert Grid and the updated members seem to be correct. But of the members that were not updated they remain as follows. I don't know what would be the solution to the message that appears to me Thanks.

Highlighted

Re: Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation.

[ Edited ]
Techie
103     0

Screenshot_1.png

Currently the status of the members is this. Those that were updated when doing the revert grid remained as initially. On the other hand, those that did not update when doing the revert grid stayed with the complete distribute of version 8.4..7
I'm a bit blocked, help please

Highlighted

Re: Service-related files are missing. Please re-install NIOS version via Downgrade operation.

Authority
103     0

Hi there,

This is a common occurance that happens due to auto-sync. To change the NIOS version running on a server there are several options:

- upgrade to the new version if there is a direct upgrade path

- downgrade if moving to an older version

- Auto-sync : join the server as a member to a grid that is running the new/older version of NIOS

When Auto-syncing, some files related to reporting feature and threat analytics feature are not synced (on regular members) or takes over an hour to sync (on GMC members or passive node of GM). This should not affect running services like DNS/DHCP if you're not using reporting or threat analytics feature.

To fix the issue, the most common remedy is to downgrade the appliance to an older NIOS version and then upgrade it back (normal upgrade following the upload-distribute-upgrade steps) to the required NIOS version.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin