Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

DNS DHCP IPAM

Accepted Solution

Unable to remove a GRID member from a GRID

[ Edited ]
gararda
Techie
4698     0

Hello,

In a lab enviroment I have a GRID formed by two boxes. One is the Master and the other is the Candidate. When I try to remove the Candidate from the GUI of the GRID I have the following message:

"Member 'member2' cannot be removed because it is being used for a network discovery. Change the network discovery configuration, and then remove this member.". member2 is the Candidate, althought I also tried to do it making member2 as only a GRID member without the Candidate role.

In the "Discovery Manager" section I have checked that the selected member is "member1" not "member2". Also I have reload all the GRID, but the error log persist.

What can I do?.

Best regards.

Re: Unable to remove a GRID member from a GRID

Expert
4699     0

Hi,

please check if discovery is disabled and the Discovery Member is cleared for all of your IPv4/IPv6 IPAM Networks.

gararda
Techie
4699     0

Hi,

Thank you for answer.

I´m doing it in a lab enviroment before try to do it in the production network.

I have checked that "IPv4 Device Discovery" is disabled. As bien a lab Grid, there is no networks created in the IPAM, the Grid only have the basic configuration to form a Grid.

Best regards.

gararda
Techie
4699     0

Hi,

Disabling the Discovery in the "IPv4 Device Discovery" option had no effect. I had to change it by using the "Disable" button but in the "Schedule Discovery" section. After that, the modified member assigned to this task seems to take effect and I was able to delete the member from the Grid.

Thank you so much

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You