Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Unable to schedule update for forward map

[ Edited ]
2063     0

Infoblox running version 8.4.4-386831.

We've been having some problems with hosts not getting a DDNS records set, we see the following error message in the audit log : 

Unable to schedule update for forward map from <complete hostname> to <ip>: failure (failure)

The error message in it self does not say more than failure.

We have several more hosts on the same subnet, from the same brand and modell, and running the same software version, in this case 6 works just fine, while 2 does not. Both show the same error as above.

What can be the cause of this? 

Best regards
Magnus

Re: Unable to schedule update for forward map

Techie
2064     0

Hi Magnus,

Did you find a solution for your problem? We are experiencing the same error. 4 out of 6 host are registerd without any problem. The other 2 are getting the same error you are showing.

Best regards,

Bas

Authority
2064     0

Do you have failover configured ? and if so, are all the dhcp server(s) allowed to query and update the relevant zones ?

Techie
2064     0

Hi, sorry for my (very) late response. I forgot to subscribe to this topic so I did not receive any notifications. Hopefully you're still there Smiley Happy

We use HA-pair instead of DHCP failover. I did a lot of similar migrations for DHCP scopes going from DDNS registration in zone A to DDNS registration zone B. All in the same Grid. I compared the configuration between a working and the non-working scope in the dhcpd.conf but there is no difference.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You