Infoblox Exchange Cybersecurity Roadshow 2020 – Join us!
North America | Europe | Middle East/Africa | Asia-Pacific

DNS DHCP IPAM

Using LAN2 on Trinzic 820 HA pair: "Duplicate IP address" ?

ÅNordin
Techie
3034     0

Hi,

I have a test grid where I've activated LAN2 on the grid master HA pair. It comprises Trinzic 820's running NIOS 6.8.8. I've selected an unique  VRID and added an IPv4 address on a previously unused subnet. The address appears in the fdb and ARP tables with a VRRP MAC address, but one of the appliances in the HA pair complains about duplicate IP address. Name resolution works over the interface.

Is this reliable enough to use as a "second VIP" in production, or will it bite us if we deploy services in another routng domain using this feature? Is anybody using this in production?

MfG,

/Åke Nordin

Re: Using LAN2 on Trinzic 820 HA pair: "Duplicate IP address" ?

charpep
Techie
3035     0

Im haveing the exact same problem with vnios.

Did you find the problem ?

[ Edited ]
Moderator bkoshy
3035     0

Hello Pablo,

What NIOS version are you on?

If you unplugged the cable from the Infoblox interface in question and if you try to ping the IP address in question from the same VLAN, do you get an echo-reply?

Best Regards,

Bibin Thomas

Moderator syam
3035     0

Hello,

I suppose you are getting the message on the Active node as active node holds the lan2 ip address. Could you try to shutdown/unplug all cables from passive node and monitor if the error is shown? Also, collect the output for "shoe interfaces' from both nodes while the issue is reported.

Regards,

Syam.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You