Warning 1420 Nios 8.0.1-343895 Dont upgrade

Guru
2122     0

We have had way to many issues with our 1420 environment consisting of 4 boxes (HA pair of Gridmanager/Ipam/DNS and HA pair of Dhcp).

When we ran on our old 1020 setup (also HA pair like above) everything was rock-solid.

Recently we tried updating from 8.0 and during the process the Gridmaster - out of the blue- said 'Grid member offline' and cancelled the upgrade. After this 1/2 of the 4 boxes (the Gridmaster/Ipam/DNs was running Nios 8.0.1 and the Dhcp was still running 8.0  

Fortunatelty the Dhcp service for 20.000+ users still was up, but it was a horrible 24 hours until our provider helped med get the boxes back up.  I have been very dissapointed with Infoblox, durring the latest year. Also our VERY-expensive 4000 - NetMri keeps failing, and seems like a very imature product considering the pricing...

/Jan Vejling

Denmark

Re: Warning 1420 Nios 8.0.1-343895 Dont upgrade

Expert
2123     0

I performed an upgrade to 8.0.1 recently, the GM/GMC were TE-1420's with a mixture of TE-1410 & PT-1400 members - we didn't have any issues at all.

Do you know what was the root cause of your issues?

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You

Businesses are investing heavily into securing company resources from cyber-attacks form cybercrimin