DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted

What is the difference between Anycast IPs and the public IPs assigned directly to the interfaces?

PauloFrag
Techie
268     0

Hi All,

I have a question and I appreciate your help.

As is known by us, DNS has Anycast IPs (which can be public or private) and public IPs that are assigned directly in the Infoblox DNS interface.
I would like to know what is the difference in using the Anycast IP or public IP interface?
And I would like to know, how DNS enforces the security protection rules on Anycast IPs and public IP interface?

Best Regards,

Paulo Fragoso

Re: What is the difference between Anycast IPs and the public IPs assigned directly to the interface

Adviser
269     0

Connections to Anycast addresses would be controlled by the routing environment and would generally provide a load balanced environment where systems dynamically participate. A public IP address is just that in concept only. Any IP address that is accessible from the Internet can be considered a public IP address.

At least in the case for NIOS, Anycast addresses are tied to the loopback interface and would only be reachable if  Anycast is fully functioning on the network. As far as an IP address configured directly on an interface in NIOS, that is just a regular address and no special handling is done. The interface is accessible on the local subnet or if routing is working properly.

You can find more details regarding Anycast in the NIOS Administrators Guide.

Regards,

Tony

Re: What is the difference between Anycast IPs and the public IPs assigned directly to the interface

PauloFrag
Techie
269     0

Hi and thanks for your answer TTiscareno.

I would you like to know,  how DNS enforces the security protection rules on Anycast IPs and public interface IPs?

Is there any difference in the application of security rules through Anycast IPs or public IPs Interface?

Best Regards,

Paulo Fragoso

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You