07-20-2017 08:12 AM
While Integrating InfoBlox with vRA we are unable to fetch Network views or IP address Spaces with below errros:
An error occurred while checking connection with IPAM server, Detail: com.infoblox.ipam.model.ipam.Execption: HTTP/1.1 401 Authorization Required.
Should we need to specify any specific privilege for the user account to fecth Address spaces.
We are Integrating InfoBlox 4.2.1 NIOS Plugin with vRA7.2 Server.
07-25-2017 02:25 PM
The admin user specified while creating the IPAM endpoint does require a specific set of permissions. The Infoblox IPAM vRO plugin user guide specifies this.
Please find the relevant section from the guide below.
NIOS Permissions Requirements
On the Infoblox NIOS system, ensure that the admin accounts meet the following requirements:
• Cloud API users must be members of the cloud-api-only admin group under NIOS. Infoblox recommends
that the cloud-api-only user account should not be given GUI permissions in NIOS;
• If the Cloud Network Automation license is installed on the Grid Master, you can assign Tenant permissions
to admin users to restrict them to view objects related to a given tenant or a set of tenants;
• The NIOS user account requires both GUI and API permissions;
• When using host records, read/write permissions are required for host objects in the destination forward
zone(s) and for host objects in the destination reverse zone(s):
— The Infoblox IPAM Plug-In for VMware generates an Infoblox host object that automatically creates A
and PTR records in the appropriate forward and reverse zones. This implies a requirement for the write
permissions to the zone(s).
• When using individual A/PTR records, read/write permissions are required for A and PTR in the forward and
reverse zones associated with those records.
• Read/write permissions are required for the appropriate subnetworks:
— Read/write permissions for NIOS fixed address/hosts is a minimum requirement. The Infoblox IPAM
Plug-In for VMware by default adds the host with the MAC address, creating a fixed address in the
•Read/write permissions to the Grid members or associated appliance:
— The Infoblox IPAM Plug-In for VMware performs a service restart, if enabled, when NIOS adds a fixed
address. Without the read/write permissions, the Restart Service call by the Plug-In to the NIOS
appliance will not work.
— Note that this release supports disabling restarts. If you choose to disable restarts, the above
permission is not required.
•Read permission to access Grid DHCP Properties:
— This is required for retrieving DHCP options from NIOS for provisioning VMs.
08-02-2017 05:02 AM
Thanks for the update, I am checking with our InfoBlox Team about the permissions mentioned in the below URL.