Highlighted
Accepted Solution

cannot move a network to managed state

Authority
1450     0

I have a network in IPAM, which is I use for assigning IP to the clients, When I try to discover the switch which serves this network, I can see the network is discovered as Unmanged. When I try to convert the network as manged, I see the convert option is blurred out. 

Let me know how I can move the network as managedDiscovery.jpeg

Thanks

Nikhil

Re: cannot move a network to managed state

Adviser
1451     0

Hello Nikhil,

Can you look at the "Managed" column & ensure that this specific network is indeed marked as "No" ? Did you "select" any/ this unmanaged network(s) before looking for the "Convert" option from the toolbar ? If not can you try the same ? If you are multiselecting a bunch of unmanaged networks, keep in mind that the "Convert" option wouldn't show up if there is atleast one "Managed" network included in the list . In addition to that please ensure that you're network insight appliance is online in the grid before attempting to convert them.

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Authority
1451     0
  1. Can you look at the "Managed" column & ensure that this specific network is indeed marked as "No" ?
    • yes, this is indeed a No
  2. Did you "select" any/ this unmanaged network(s) before looking for the "Convert" option from the toolbar ?
    • This is already selected & tried
  3. If you are multiselecting a bunch of unmanaged networks, keep in mind that the "Convert" option wouldn't show up if there is atleast one "Managed" network included in the list 
    • I have selected only one network
  4.  In addition to that please ensure that you're network insight appliance is online in the grid before attempting to convert them.
    •  My discovery device is online.

Is there is any difference in doing this from the Data management> Devices tab & Data management> IPAM tab

Thanks

Nikhil

Adviser
1451     0

Hello Nikhil,

Can you please go to Data Management -> IPAM -> Check if you are able to edit this network in question ? If yes, can you check if “Discovery” has been enabled for these network(s) ? Or , do you see a member assigned to those networks ? If either one of the case or both are true, then I believe those networks shouldn’t have been marked as “Managed -> No”.

While I do not know your current NIOS version, I could see NIOS-64422 (A bug in this area) which was addressed in NIOS 8.3.0 release. This may require your data analysis, which is not possible here per the community policy. Can you open a ticket with Infoblox Technical Support, so that they could confirm whether you are running into the same problem ? While opening the ticket, please ensure to include the following data to expedite their analysis :

• A grid database backup including the “Discovery data”.

• Support Bundle from the Network insight member/ Grid master.

• Examples of networks which you are unable to convert.

I see few issues reported in our engineering knowledgebase regarding this & I am hoping this to be related to either one of them, which must have been addressed already. To open a ticket, please go to :

https://support.infoblox.com -> Login using your email registered with us -> Go to “Open a case”. If you are having difficulties in opening the ticket, please call them at :

• US & Canada - 1-888-463-6259 or +1-408-986-4700
  • EMEA - +32-3-259-0440
  • India - 0008004404019
  • Australia - 1800-052-413

To address your last question, there is no difference in using the “Convert” option from the locations that you have specified.

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Authority
1451     0

Hi Alman, 

Thank you for the reply, I will open a case with the Infoblox support team. 

I am using 8.2 version of the NIOS

Thanks

Nikhil

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You