DNS DHCP IPAM

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

csv import ipam

[ Edited ]
Techie
12000     0

Hello!

I have problems with csv-import for ipam.

I used the following csv-format:

version 1.0
header-hostrecord,addresses,configure_for_dns*,fqdn*
hostrecord,10.10.1.6,FALSE,proxy.drv.drv
hostrecord,10.10.1.5,FALSE,proxy-test.drv.drv

Here is the error-message that I receive:

Error;header-hostrecord;addresses;FQDN
"""Line 3: Fetching object failed due to The selected object could not be found""";hostrecord,10.10.1.6,FALSE,proxy.drv.drv

I need an example that works.

Thanks

Alex

Highlighted

Re: csv import ipam

Adviser
12000     0

Hi Alex,

I just tested your CSV import file with success!

I suspect the issue may be with formatting in the file you are using. I would suggest opening the file with a text editor and ensure there are no extraneous spaces or other characters. 

Also ensure the 10.10.x.x. network exists as the import would fail if it did not. However, the error you are receiving is not indicative of this issue.

Hope that helps!

Check out our new Tech docs website at http://docs.infobox.com for latest documentation on Infoblox products
Highlighted

Techie
12001     0

I'm getting the same error:

- Here is the csv file opened in notepad.

header-hostrecord,addresses,configure_for_dns*,fqdn*
hostrecord,10.1.22.3,FALSE,core2-Vlan2

- And the error in notepad:

Error,header-hostrecord,addresses,fqdn*,configure_for_dns*
"""Line 2: Fetching object failed due to The selected object could not be found""",hostrecord,10.1.22.3,core2-Vlan2,FALSE

Any ideas why? The network object for 10.1.22.0/24 is there.  I've tried using override and merge.

Highlighted

Techie
12001     0

Update - I tried the add function, and this worked, however it now has the old information that was there, plus the new information from the text file, i.e. there are now two hostnames separated with a comma.  I then ran the import again with the override set, it was sucessful but it did not overwrite the old data.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted

Techie
12001     0

Hi

years later - with NIOS 8.2.4 still the same problem. And it is not solved.

Any additional suggestions from your site?

Otherwise I would go the painful way trought a support case.

Thanks

Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
12001     0

@StefanHeuerwrote:

Hi

years later - with NIOS 8.2.4 still the same problem. And it is not solved.

Any additional suggestions from your site?

Otherwise I would go the painful way trought a support case.

Thanks

This thread is pretty old now and has covered a couple of different issues so it's not entirely clear to me what problem it is that you are referring to here. For example, are you trying to add a new Host record or update an existing one? Along with that information, can you provide a sample of what you are trying to import (replacing any identifiable information with something generic)?

Regards,

Tony

Highlighted

Techie
12001     0

from your support team.....

=> We internally investigated further and found an existing feature request enhancement (RFE), which is internally identified as RFE-3591. It explains that it is raised as currently there is no option to import IPAM-ONLY data via CSV import and such import ends up with an error ("Line 2: Fetching object failed due to The selected object could not be found")

Highlighted

Adviser
12001     0

Hello Stefan,

I see that 'override' is where you have problems with, while 'Add' works fine. This was supposed to be a documented limitation with regards to non-DNS hosts. The expected note in the CSV reference guide was something like, “Note that overwriting the host record data is not supported for non-DNS hosts” – I shall look at this internally to see why this doesn’t reflect in the documentation available at the support website. There seems to be a work around available, which I believe would be inconvenient to you or for any other customers. For non-DNS hosts, created_timestamp field is what’s been taken into account for the ‘override’ function during CSV import. In case if you are interested to know more :

So let’s say that you need to change the hostname of the IPAM non-DNS host record from ‘server1’ to ‘country1’.

For hostrecord, change '_new_fqdn' from null to the new name which is 'country1'. In addition also change '_new_configure_for_dns' from null to 'FALSE'. Also we need to make sure that value for 'created_timestamp' for hostrecord should match between the export and the import file. If you are using excel to view the export file, it rounds off this number. For example, say the value is '1499793247521', excel would change this to something like ‘1.50E+12’, which may be interpreted to be incorrect during the import. The change is not saved until you do so but in case that happens I wanted to mention that if the time stamps are different then the import will fail. So simply open the same export file with something line ‘Wordpad’ & ensure that the ‘created_timestamp’ is indeed the same value as during the file export.

For a permanent solution, I believe the feature request should be implemented. You may synch-up with your Infoblox systems engineer to get more updates about the progress of this request.

Best regards,

Mohammed Alman.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You