Highlighted

export all availavle IPs on IPAM

OInfo
Techie
12501     0

Hi,

Is it possible to export all IP address on the system? We unable to export everything as you have to drill down into the child networks to view those IPs..

Is there a way using the filter export? or maybe the cli or api?

Nios version 5.1r5

Thanks.

Re: export all availavle IPs

GHorne Community Manager
Community Manager
12502     0

in NIOS 51f5 these is no good way, all the IPAM API code is in later versions.

if you upgrade to can use CSV export (via the API) do dump out all IP addresses.

OInfo
Techie
12502     0

The current 1050 has 5.1r5 software and it does not support the upgrade to v6.

I was thinking to build a 1050 VM with 5.1r4 firmware and upgrade it to 6.6?

Is this possible on a VM?

Or can I build a 1852 VM with 6.1 firmware and import the 5.1r4 database?

Would appreciate the assistance. Very new to infoblox.

APugh
Techie
12502     0

I'd really like to see a solution on this as well. I'm on NIOS 6.6.3. We need to validate that the data in the IPAM matches what we have in our legacy database, which we are attempting to migrate off of. Having to drill down on each individual IP range within the IPAM section of the admin interface is a serious pain.

It would be quite useful if you could do a CSV export of everything below where you are in the IP data. From the top, it would cover everything in IPAM, but if you were to, say, click on a 10.0.0./8 network, you could extract everything for that range.

As is, it's really hard to get data out for cross-validation. Doing CSV imports is problematic as well, because the process is such an incredible beat-down. My forehead gets bloody from beating it on my desk every time I try to use it, because it has no way to gracefully recover from errors. Why doesn't it let you do an import where it just flags all the errors, rather than stopping cold on the first error it finds (i.e., a record already exists, or something else that is almost insanely trivial.)

OInfo
Techie
12502     0

It's just simple lack of insight. This is one of the fundamental network management functionalities to export all data or objects or IPs? What happens if you need require an audit? This tool becomes limited

There definitely has to be an enhancement built in to cater for exporting ALL IPs and the rangers, subnets, everything to CSV format. It should be an inherent feature.

I-Team Employee
Employee
12502     0

I'm passing these comments on to product management.

BGaffney
Techie
12502     0

My project also needs to be able to export part or all of our address space. The current need is for metblocksin CIDR format, but the only option appears to be a listing of individual IPs from the leaf nets.   

DBotham
Techie
12502     0

You can use export-all.pl to do some of this...

See export-all.pl --help

(change .txt to .pl)

David

GCarvalho
Techie
12502     0

Hi David,

I have downloaded your script, and I have noticed that it doesn't get any IP address from IPAM object, like Infoblox::IPAM::Address.

It would be good to have this object defined in your list, once that My device doesn't work as DNS or DHCP server.

Is  that possible to change this script to suppport this object ? 

Gustavo

OInfo
Techie
12502     0

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. However having a dump of all the IP's may not be feasible.

What we would need is;

1. List of IP's available per block/subnet
  2. List Free subnets available with in the supernet
  3. List of used IP's, subnets within a superblock

where superblock here is 10.0.0.0/8 type.

Is there plans to add this functionality going forward?

Customers are asking for this functionality. This helps their DNS team to be able pass information to different lines of business within their enterprise.

Regards

GCarvalho
Techie
12502     0

Hi,

I agree with you, and maybe it should be useful or even required to inform this supernet.

According with https://gmip/api/doc, it's possible to get this address list

# Case 1: Get IPAM address objects using 'network'    # This should return 2000 IPAM addresses    my @ipam_objects = $session->get('object'     => 'Infoblox::IPAM::Address',                                     'network'    => '10.0.0.0/8');    unless( scalar(@ipam_objects) == 2000) {        die("Returned IPAM addresses number is not correct");    }    print("Returned IPAM addresses number correctly\n");

But if using this type of code below, it would be easy to get all used IP addresses instead all of them (used and unused)

# Case 8: Get IPAM address objects using 'type = used'

# This should return a total of 11 IP addresses in this network        # which includes 10 in the range and 1 fixed address    my @ipam_objects = $session->get('object'     => 'Infoblox::IPAM::Address',                                     'network'    => '10.0.0.0/8',                                     'start_addr' => '10.0.0.0',                                     'end_addr'   => '10.0.0.100',                                     'type'       => 'used');

I'm not a Perl code writer, but I believe that this eample codes, which are included on API/Doc can give an idea how to do it.

Wouldn't you check how to insert this piece of code in export-all.pl script ?

Gustavo

OInfo
Techie
12502     0

Hi,

I'm no perl expert as well, but I do feel this can be done with some sort of export wizard...

However, the customer has perl/developers at hand and have tried as well. There is also the 2000 limit which need to be circumvented.

Infoblox will need add this functionality if they want to play with the 'big boys', as in ISPs.

Scripting allows for flexibility, but if this need to be pushed into the different business units;

functionality such as below need tobe considered.

1. better exporting options
  2. limitations need to be removed
  3. better searches
  4. and in my opinion, better clarity on the restarting services options.

Thanks though.

Re: export all available IPs

hgarn
Techie
12502     0
Give me this function.........

RE: Re: export all available IPs

BMcLendon
Techie
12502     0

This is an ABSOLUTE "MUST-HAVE" functionality!  Infoblox, please create this capability.  We are migrating from a legacy system and need to perform daily diffs!  I don't have the time to individually export 999 subnets to get all the IP address and host info.

INFOBLOX: PLEASE CREATE AN "EXPORT_ALL_IP" CAPABILITY

Thank you,

Bruce McLendon

export-all.pl

BTing
Techie
12502     0

Hi, where can i download "export-all.pl" ? Thanks.

Can i have download link "export-all.pl" please

treddy
Techie
12502     0

Can i have download link "export-all.pl" please

I would also dearly love to get the export-all.pl script

JGoddard
Techie
12502     0
Not having any luck finding this though.

export-all.pl --help

RFarcas
Techie
12502     0
Hello David, Can you please provide me the link from where i can download this script. Thanks in advance.

Would also like the link to

DBurton_1
Techie
12502     0

Would also like the link to download this please Smiley Happy

Thanks!

David

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Recommended for You