11-21-2016 08:35 AM
Owner of a NIOS appliance, I would like to upgrade from the version 7.1.4 to version 8.0.1 (on the same appliance). I know that we can export the grid configuration and import it to the new version.
My question are :
- As I did not purchase this appliance but an old colleague, I do not know the model. I know that with serial number, infoblox support can help us but I cannot contact EMEA support is it normal?
- Where can I see the backup compatibility ?
- When I will do the upgrade, is there something to do about the license or certificate ?
- If there is an issue after the upgrade, I see that I can revert back via the grid, is it reliable
- During the upgrade, is the management address still available with the IP address setup earlier? Or will it get back the default configuration?
Well, regarding the documentation on the 7.1.4 and 8.0.1 there is no information about the possible issue except for the backup compatibility with the new version. There should be a documentation somewhere else for the upgrade but I cannot find it...
Could you please help me ?
Thanks in advance
Solved! Go to Solution.
11-22-2016 11:36 AM
I understand you are based in EMEA and maybe best is to have your account team helping you to clarify these points - we'd be happy to do so and help you handle the transition.
Feel free to contact me directly and I can help you get in touch with the right team.
08-20-2019 01:32 AM - edited 02-20-2020 02:44 AM