Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

Getting Started

newbie: Associating CNAME to A record

8131     0

On IPAM v8.2.1, I successfully CSV import my A records. Next, I tried to do a CSV import of CNAME but failed as there is a duplicate A record which I imported before. Below is an example using infoblox documenation. How does this work?

header-cnamerecord,fqdn*,canonical_name*

cnamerecord,abc.corp100.com,abc-lo0.corp100.com

Also another question is that I've been doing most of my work on IPAM module such as importing A records, I took a look at the DNS module "default" and don't see any of my IPAM work. I thought if I populate IPAM, it would auto populate the DNS module but I am a newbie, so what do I knowSmiley Happy  Any ideas?

Re: newbie: Associating CNAME to A record

[ Edited ]
Adviser
8132     0

You can do it in one shot in one file. This worked for me:

header-arecord fqdn* address* view
arecord server99.test.net 192.168.90.21 default
header-cnamerecord fqdn* canonical_name* view
cnamerecord www.test.net server99.test.net default

And of course, the CNAME FQDN (www.test.net) part must not exist in the db. Else it is not possible to add it.

HTH

Re: newbie: Associating CNAME to A record

8132     0

thanks, I had my data backwards which result in a duplication error. I switch the data btwn fqdn and canonical_name colums and it worked!

Thanks for replying!

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You