Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

Appliances stucked at booting kernel phase after upgrading to 8.5.0

3780     0

Hello everybody,

In my test environment I upgraded my Grid system from 8.4.6 to the 8.5.0 version. In my test environment I have virtual 1420 GM and virtual 1420 GMC. During upgrade GM stuck at the booting kernel phase. And I have to reinstall GM and tried to upgrade again, then I can successfully upgrade my system.

Today I tried to change my v1420 GM appliance with v1415. The steps I have done;

-backup Grid config from old Grid Master (v1420)

-restore Grid config to new Grid Master (v1415)

-Change new GM's IP addresses as old ones.

-Then members restart.

-After restart GMC (v1420) again stucked in the booting kernel phase. I am waiting 1,5 hours and nothing happened. 

I have added the screenshoot. Does anyone experience this kind of failure with 8.5.0 version? 

Capture.JPG

Thanks

Re: Appliances stucked at booting kernel phase after upgrading to 8.5.0

3781     0

Hey - we have same issue with 8.6.3 anyone?

Authority
3781     0

hi , i have similar issue when my Infoblox VM has undersize hardware specifications, once i increase the VM specs following to Infoblox recommendation, i no longer facing this issue. Perhaps you can verify the same?

Techie
3781     0

I'm seeing the same thing with a fresh install of IB-V5005 reporting appliance. CPUs and memory were auto-configured by the OVA deploy and it's stuck at booting the Kernel.

3781     0

@MZawadzki wrote:

Hey - we have same issue with 8.6.3 anyone?

I'm seeing this on one node now with 8.6.3. The CPU seems to hang and recover and do this on repeat. Did you ever find a resolution to this issue?

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You