Introducing SOC Insights for BloxOne Threat Defense: Boost your SOC efficiency with AI-driven insights to eliminate manual work and accelerate investigation and response times. Read the blog announcement here.

NIOS DNS DHCP IPAM

DNS-DHCP Migration

7650     0

Hi,

One of the things that i need to take care of is to migrate several ( 150) networks and several Zones out of a Red Hat server to Infoblox DDI.

Keen to understand if there is a migration tool to easily migrate the information out of Red Hat servers into Infoblox.

DHCP is reserved by MAC address so need to migrate this as well. DNS has several records that will need to be migrated as well.

Please let me know if there is an existing tool to make this happen.

Re: DNS-DHCP Migration

7651     0

Hello there,

You can make use of the Infoblox Data Import Wizard.

The Data Import Wizard is a tool designed toimport DNS and DHCP data from legacy systems to Infoblox. Please use the DIW version compatible with your NIOS release.

Hope this helps.

Regards.

7651     0

What if one is upgrading NIOS hardware, but keeping same NIOS OS. ?

Note: this is a consolidation project , moving a number of DHCP HW appliance to an existing DNS HW Appliance.

[ Edited ]
7651     0

designed my two new DHCP workers. My two 2008 R2 workers have a part scope and presently have around 50 leases among them. Eso Would it be advisable for me to just unauthorize them so when the current leases terminate they will get IPs from my new workers?

Expert
7651     0

@owais wrote:

What if one is upgrading NIOS hardware, but keeping same NIOS OS. ?

Note: this is a consolidation project , moving a number of DHCP HW appliance to an existing DNS HW Appliance.

You can use the CSV export/import tools to do this. The option is in the UI on the toolbar to the right.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE

Expert
7651     0

@sarajennifer wrote:

designed my two new DHCP workers. My two 2008 R2 workers have a part scope and presently have around 50 leases among them. Would it be advisable for me to just unauthorize them so when the current leases terminate they will get IPs from my new workers?

Easiest way is to set up DHCP scopes on Infoblox then just shut down the MS DHCP servers. Clients will move across as they attempt to renew their leases at around 85-90% of the lease time.

Paul Roberts
PCN (UK) Ltd

All opinions expressed are my own and not representative of PCN Inc./PCN (UK) Ltd. E&OE
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recommended for You

Demo: Infoblox IPAM plug-in integration with OpenStack Newton